Thursday, February 28, 2013

Matte Suede Ruffian

I've never been a huge fan of the ruffian manicure. When I decided to try it I looked at a lot of pictures of different color combinations. Obviously, the combinations are endless. I came to the conclusion that ruffians can be successful if the right colors are chosen. 

For my first ruffian I used 2 coats of Essie Beyond Cozy as the base (it seems I will try to sneak this color into any mani these days). One coat of Seche Vite top coat to even things out because Beyond Cozy can be beyond bumpy. Finally, 2 coats of Julep Hailee, a matte suede. This polish was a chore to apply because it dries quickly so it can be goopy and streaky.




I was really happy with the way this mani came out and even happier with this color combination. I like the contrast between the matte and the glittery polishes.

What do you think of the ruffian manicure trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment