Friday, February 1, 2013

Looks Can Be Deceiving


On my last trip to Sephora I had in hand a hefty gift card from the holidays. I was excited to spend it ALL on nail polish. I spent some time on their website first to get an idea of what I wanted. Of course, when I got there, most of the stash I wanted was sold out. I did stumble upon a brand I had never seen before, Illamasqua.

s1449875-main-Lhero
This is a UK-based beauty brand. The nail polish colors they offer are stunning. I ended up buying 3 bottles. 2 were packaged together at $25 and the single bottles are  $14. OUCH! When I got home and used one of the polishes called Phallic (haha!), I was amazed. It glides on so beautifully and lasts a long time. Well worth the $$.

For this mani I used Illamasqua Glitterati.
728862_4977716693502_447582070_o 729037_4977720053586_1134863543_o

I guess because of the glitter it wasn't as smooth feeling as Phallic. I also didn't like this color in general. I'm a glitter girl and this just didn't glitter enough for me. In the bottle the glitter sticks to the outside of the bottle making it look a lot different from what it looks like on the nail. I would recommend this brand of polish, but maybe stay away from the glitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment