Friday, March 28, 2014

Blurple?! What's a Blurple?!

Last Fall we were asked to review a cosmetic subscription box from wantable.com.  You can see our post describing the box in full here.  

One of the polishes we received was from a company called Laqa & Co called Blurple.  I fell in love with this polish because the color is the perfect blurple (bluish purple), the name is adorable and the formula is fantastic!  I was excited to use this polish again and decided to try out this striping design.


After painting my nails with Blurple and giving it time to fully dry, I placed striping tape diagonally across each nail.  Then I free- handed the horizontal stripes with a striping brush.  I was disappointed when my topcoat smudged the stripes a bit, but I decided it wasn't too noticeable and I really didn't want to start all over again.  
 I was really happy with how this turned out.  It's simple but eye-catching.  I would definitely do this design again with different color combos.  
I love trying new polish brands and am planning to buy more from Laqa & Co.  I would have never tried this brand if it wasn't for the Wantable box.  If you're looking for a cosmetic subscription box that can introduce you to new and unique brands and products then check out Wantable.com.

Have a great weekend everyone!
XoXo ~Vicky
Nail Addicted Sisters

1 comment:

  1. omg! i LOVE IT! the colour is amazing! Is perfect combination for spring! so cute and girly! perfect!
    tell me how about follow each other? Let me know please, I always follow back pretty!
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete