Monday, March 3, 2014

And the Oscar Goes To.... GRAVITY!

Last night was one of my favorite nights of the year, the Oscars!  Watching the Oscars has always been a family tradition.  We're big movie people and it's a great night to appreciate the best movies of the year.  Plus, I love watching the fashion, seeing who wore the best dress, and who made HUGE mistakes.  I think my favorite was Kate Hudson, she looks damn good! And Pharrell had to be kidding wearing those damn shorts!  When I thought things couldn't get better, a few years ago they added the Mani Cam and we get to see some of the stars walk their hands down the mani runway!  

One movie that won a lot of technical awards was Gravity.  While I haven't seen the movie yet, I can see how it would rake in the technical awards with all of the special effects and green-screening that took to make the movie look so real.  As fate would have it, I received my limited edition Picture Polish purchases in the mail just a few days before the Oscars.  My sister and I were so excited we were able to nab Gravity, Illusionist and Aurora.  Knowing that Gravity was likely to win big at the awards I thought I would try that one first...


I layered two coats of Gravity on top of one coat of Sally Hansen Nightwatch, a deep almost-black blue.  Gravity is described as multicolored (mostly blue and purple) scattered holo with holographic flecks that sparkle no matter what kind of lighting you are in.  Holy cosmic amazingness!


Isn't it gorgeous?! I just can't even deal with how amazing these polishes are.  My sister nearly passed out when I gave her the Aurora to try out this week.  


If you have an opportunity to buy or try these polishes, DO IT!!  I hate spending more than $10 on a bottle of nail polish but these ones are worth every single penny.


I am excited to try out Illusionist next.  All of the swatches show the polishes layered over black so I am going to try them out on other colors.  I wonder what they would look like on a light pastel?!  

Have you tried any shades from the new Picture Polish collection? We'd love to hear what you think!

XoXo Vicky



No comments:

Post a Comment