Monday, December 30, 2013

Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Review

                                                                                                                  ***All products were provided for and honest review.***


I was a fan of the blogger Wishes of a Blue-Eyed Girl since my early days of blogging. Recently, this blogger turned her love of polish into every polish hoarders lovers dream and started her own indie brand, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer.

I was thrilled, of course to get the chance to swatch for her. She has an amazing Winter Collection and is doing a full restock on 1/1/14, which will include these two beauties from the Winter Collection as well as an amazingly beautiful New Year's Duo.




First up is Toasty Warm, a blackened red creme with irregularly shaped red shimmers.


This polish was a bit thick and I found the first coat to be somewhat difficult to apply evenly. The second coat applied much more easily and evenly. After some HK Girl top coat this mani is a stunner!!


I'm not a big red polish girl, but I wore this for FOUR days!! The shimmery glitter of this polish is gorgeous. The wear of these polishes is unbelievable. I had NO tip wear at all until that fourth day. NONE!!






Next up is Frozen Ivy, a deep green jelly with silver and green micro glitters.


The application of this polish was great. Two prefect coats for opacity. Shown here with one coat of HK Girl top coat.


Julie was trying not to make collection that was too focused on the holidays and that could be used throughout the season. I think she really achieved that with this beautiful green. 



This pic is with flash. You can really see how green and sparkly this polish is!!




Overall, I am very pleased with these polishes. I am always proud to see a blogger achieve success when starting their own indie brand and Julie has truly been an inspiration. I look forward to seeing what she has to come in the future!

Check out Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer on Big Cartel and don't miss the big restock on 1/1/14!

Follow Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer on Facebook to keep up to date on restocks and launches of new collections.

We hope you have a great New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year!!!

XOXO Nail Addicted Sisters
~Erika

                                                                                                                  ***All products were provided for and honest review.***

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are lovely! I appreciate the honest review, too. I'm working on tweaking the formula a bit on the glitters to ensure that the first coat isn't too difficult to apply. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie!! You're polishes really are amazing!!! I may have to get that New Year's Duo!!!!! :)

      Delete